Did you know the DeSoto Parish Library is now offering 3D printing? It’s amazing what you can create… whether it’s a specific sized, hard-to-find part or a fidget spinner, you can make it!
And the best part is… it’s not as complicated as you think! You can create your design at home, if you want to, or use one of our computers at the library.
Here’s a quick start guide for your convenience:
- Create a Tinkercad account. Tinkercad is a free, easy-to-use web app that equips the user with the
foundational skills for 3D designs, electronics and coding.
- Create your design and save to .stl file.Type in the file name and save it to a sd card provided by the library.
- Slice your work through Cura. Cura is an open-source slicing software for 3D printers.
- Ask the library staff to print your work.
- Printing costs $.07 per gram of filament used in the printing process with an addition $2.00 setup fee per print job. Prices are subject to change at any time and processing time varies. Please read about 3D Printing Policy.
Visit Your Library and
LEARN MORE ABOUT 3D PRINTING